The Fighting Hunger 5K is a fun, family-friendly way for people of all ages to help those in need. Proceeds benefit Matthew 25: Ministries’ work with the poorest of the poor in Greater Cincinnati, throughout the U.S., and around the world. The race also kicks off the Fighting Hunger Food Drive, which raises food products for local pantries and shelters.
2015 marks the ten year anniversary of Fighting Hunger in Greater Cincinnati. Since the race began in 2005, over 485,000 pounds of food has been distributed to people in need. Check back for more information about special events surrounding this year’s 5K.
Fighting Hunger 5K Date: November 7, 2015
Start Time: 8:30 AM
Location: Matthew 25: Ministries
11060 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242
You can register for the 2015 Fighting Hunger 5K in one of three easy ways!
1. Register online!
2. Print a registration form (coming soon) and mail to: Matthew 25: Ministries (11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242).
3. Register in person (coming soon) at Matthew 25: Ministries during regular hours of operation, during Packet Pick-Up (see below for times) or on race day starting at 7AM.
REGISTRATION RATES: Registration fees for all participants include a long-sleeve Fighting Hunger 5K t-shirt, a goody bag, and post-race refreshments (don't miss the chocolate fountain!). Team Captains will also receive a free 'champion gift' for recruiting group members. All printed group entry forms and fees must be submitted together. Find out more information about Group Registration.
Pre-Registration* - $25 adults; $20 students
Race Day Registration* - $35 adults; $30 students
Team Rates (10 or more)* - $18 per person pre-registered; $25 on race day
Sleeping In** - $25 per person
Non-Participant Buffet*** - $3 per person
*PLEASE NOTE: Online registration will close at Noon on Wednesday, November 4, 2015. Pre-registration is available at Packet Pick-Up through Friday at 6 PM. Race day registration opens at 7 AM at Matthew 25: Ministries.
**Sleeping In option - Choosing this registration option indicates that you are unable to attend the event, but would like to receive a t–shirt in the mail after the race. Be sure to select your desired shirt size and provide your current postal address when completing the registration form.
- Non-race participants ages 13 and older will be required to purchase the buffet. Cost is $3 per individual or 3 non-perishable food items per individual. Pay upon arrival at the registration tent.
GROUP DISCOUNT: Be a Fighting Hunger Champion; organize a team for the Fighting Hunger 5K! Gather 10 or more participants including yourself, and register as a group for a discounted price. All "Fighting Hunger Champions" (team organizers) will receive a free gift as a thank you for their efforts.
ONLINE FUNDRAISING: Registered participants have the option to fundraise as a team and/or individual. Fundraisers may qualify to win various incentive prizes for their efforts. NEW THIS YEAR: Additionally, the top two leading fundraisers by noon on Friday, November 6, 2015 will receive a free pair of New Balance athletic shoes from Fleet Feet Sports, Official Training Partner of the 2015 Fighting Hunger 5K, in addition to their incentive prize! All funds benefit Matthew 25: Ministries’ work with the poorest of the poor and disaster victims.
FH5K COURSE: The Fighting Hunger 5K is a USATF certified course that starts and ends near Matthew 25: Ministries and loops through Blue Ash. For your safety and to be in compliance with course re-opening times, there will be a 2 hour finish pace limit. View the 2015 course map (coming soon!) for more information.
Strollers are permitted in this event. All strollers and walkers are asked to please line up towards the back of the start line. Registration is not necessary for children in strollers unless you would like your child to receive any of the amenities from the race, including the race t-shirt, goody bag or after-race refreshments
SAFETY POLICIES: We are thrilled by the growing interest and participation in the Fighting Hunger 5K. In order to maintain the safest environment for all participants and guests, no bags will be permitted at this year’s event, except those which are essential to an individual’s health and medical wellness. Bags of this type are subject to search. Additionally, no firearms are permitted at the event, including on the property of Matthew 25: Ministries, event-sanctioned parking lots, and the course of the Fighting Hunger 5K.
PACKET PICK-UP: Participants are strongly encouraged to pick up their race packets (bib number, long-sleeve t-shirt & goody bag) prior to race day at Matthew 25: Ministries (11060 Kenwood Road 45242) during the following times:
Race registration will be available during these times at pre-registration rates. All team packets will be grouped together for packet pick-up. One person may pick up for the entire team. Please bring a list of all team members in order to cross-reference with our records.
- Thursday, November 5, from 3 PM to 7 PM
- Friday, November 6, from 10 AM to 6 PM
Important: Due to the updated event safety policy, goody bags will only be distributed at packet pick-up and on race day after every participant has completed the race. Participants who do not wish to wait until the very end of the race (approximately 10:30 AM) on race day to pick up your goody bag, should make arrangements to attend packet pick-up.
AWARDS: The awards ceremony and celebration follows the race at approximately 10:00 AM. Award categories are separated by gender, age, and NEW THIS YEAR: Food Group!
14 & under: Baby Lima Beans
15-18: Fast Food Fans
19-24: Energy Bars
25-29: Cool Cucumbers
30-34: Café Lattes
35-39: Bread and Butter
40-44: Lean Cuisine
45-49: Sweet Potatoes
50-54: Groovy Grapes
55-59: Bring Home the Bacon
60-64: Hot Tamales
65-69: Apples of our Eyes
70-79: Piece of Cake
80 & over: Cup of Tea
ROAD CLOSURES: Please note that many roads surrounding the Fighting Hunger 5K race course will be closed for the safety of all race participants. Please see the Road Closures page for more details.
- Awards to the first three male & female finishers (based on gun time)
- Awards to the top three runners in each category (based on chip time)
- Check the Door Prize tent to see if you’ve won one of many exciting prizes!
PARKING: Matthew 25: Ministries’ lot will be closed to all general parking. Event parking will be located at:
View the 2015 Course and Parking Map (coming soon) for more information. Additional parking options may become available closer to the event. Please check back for updated information.
- Ethicon Endo-Surgery: 4545 Creek Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. FREE shuttles will run from this location.
- CMC Properties: 10925 Reed Hartman Highway, Cincinnati, OH 45242. No shuttles will run from this location.
SHUTTLES: Free shuttle service will be available from the Ethicon parking lots. No shuttles will run from the CMC Properties parking lot. Please arrive early to allow for shuttle times, road closures and crowds. Shuttles will run from 6:30 AM - 8:00 AM and then resume when Reed Hartman Hwy. reopens at approximately 9:30 AM. Shuttles will then continue to run until 11:15 AM. The drop off location on Osborne Boulevard will require some additional walking to Matthew 25: Ministries.
TRAINING: Need a little help preparing for the Fighting Hunger 5K? Check out the No Boundaries Training Program presented by New Balance and Fleet Feet Sports, the Official Training Partner of the Fighting Hunger 5K. No Boundaries is designed for folks who are currently inactive, who are new to running/walking or who are working to get back into running/walking condition. Please visit this link for more details.
- Directions to Matthew 25: Ministries - Please visit our directions page.
- Directions to event parking at Ethicon Endo-Surgery - Take I-275 to exit 47 for Reed Hartman Highway. Head south onto Reed Hartman Hwy. Continue for approximately 2 miles. Turn right onto Creek Rd. Turn left onto McKinley Rd. Entrance to Ethicon Endo-Surgery will be on the left.
- Directions to event parking at CMC Properties: - Take I-275 to exit 47 for Reed Hartman Highway. Head south onto Reed Hartman Hwy. Continue for approximately 1.6 miles. CMC Proprties offices and parking lots are on the right hand side. No shuttles will run from this location. It is approximately a 0.3 mile walk to Matthew 25: Ministries from this parking lot.
- Bring a canned good to support Matthew 25: Ministries’ Fighting Hunger Food Drive.
- View the 2015 Fighting Hunger 5K Premier Sponsor.
- View our 2015 Sponsors.
- Print a poster to hang in your church or office (coming soon).
- Non-Participant Buffet - Non-race participants ages 13 and older will be required to purchase the buffet. Cost is $3 per individual or 3 non-perishable food items per individual. Pay upon arrival at the registration tent.
- For the safety of all participants, please do not bring non-essential sporting equipment such as frisbees, beach balls, footballs or other similar items onto the course.
- Due to liability insurance restrictions, pets are not permitted on the course.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2015 FIGHTING HUNGER 5K SPONSORS!
QUESTIONS: For any questions regarding the Fighting Hunger 5K, including the race itself, the race course, fundraising, online registration, volunteering, teams, and sponsorships, please contact Matthew 25: Ministries at email@example.com or (513)793-6256.