The Fighting Hunger 5K is a fun, family-friendly way for people of all ages to help those in need. Proceeds benefit Matthew 25: Ministries’ work with the poorest of the poor in Greater Cincinnati, throughout the U.S., and around the world. The race also kicks off the Fighting Hunger Food Drive, which raises food products for local pantries and shelters.
Fighting Hunger 5K Date: November 9, 2013
Start Time: 8:30 AM
Location: Matthew 25: Ministries
11060 Kenwood Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242
REGISTRATION: NEW this Year! The Fighting Hunger 5k is instituting a registration cap of 6,000—so register early!
You can register for the 2013 Fighting Hunger 5K in one of three easy ways!
1. Register online and set up a personal fundraising page.
2. Print a registration form (coming soon) and mail to: Matthew 25: Ministries (11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242).
3. Register in person at Matthew 25: Ministries during regular hours of operation, during Packet Pick-Up (see below for times) or on race day starting at 7AM.
REGISTRATION RATES: Registration fees for all participants include a long-sleeve Fighting Hunger 5K t-shirt, a goody bag, and post-race refreshments (don't miss the chocolate fountain!). Team Captains will also receive a free 'champion gift' for recruiting group members. All printed group entry forms and fees must be submitted together. Find out more information about Group Registration.
Pre-Registration* - $22 adults; $18 students
Race Day Registration* - $27 adults; $23 students
Team Rates (6 or more)* - $17 per person pre-registered; $22 on race day
Sleeping In** - $27 per person
*PLEASE NOTE: Online registration closes at 11:59 AM on Wednesday, November 6, 2013. Pre-registration is available at Packet Pick-Up through Friday at 6 PM. Race day registration opens at 7 AM at Matthew 25: Ministries.
**Sleeping In option - Choosing this registration option indicates that you are unable to attend the event, but would like to receive a t–shirt in the mail after the race. Be sure to select your desired shirt size and provide your current postal address when completing the registration form.
ONLINE FUNDRAISING: Registered participants have the option to fundraise as a team and/or individual. Fundraisers may qualify to win various incentive prizes for their efforts. All funds benefit Matthew 25: Ministries’ work with the poorest of the poor and disaster victims.
FH5K COURSE: The Fighting Hunger 5K is a USATF certified course that starts and ends near Matthew 25: Ministries and loops through Blue Ash. For your safety and to be in compliance with course re-opening times, there will be a 2 hour finish pace limit. View the 2013 course map for more information.
Strollers are permitted in this event. All strollers are asked to please line up towards the back of the start line. Registration is not necessary for children in strollers unless you would like your child to receive any of the amenities from the race, including the race t-shirt, goody bag or after-race refreshments.
PACKET PICK-UP: Participants may pick up their race packets (bib number, long-sleeve t-shirt & goody bag) prior to race day at Matthew 25: Ministries (11060 Kenwood Road 45242) during the following times:
Race registration will be available during these times at pre-registration rates. Packets will also be available for pick-up on the morning of the race. All team packets will be grouped together for Packet Pick-Up. One person may pick up for the entire team. Please bring a list of all team members in order to cross-reference with our records.
- Thursday, November 7, from 3 PM to 7 PM
- Friday, November 8, from 10 AM to 6 PM
AWARDS: The awards ceremony and celebration follows the race at approximately 10:00 AM. Award categories are separated by gender and age: 14 & under, 15-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-79 & 80/over.
PARKING: Matthew 25: Ministries’ lot will be closed to all general parking. Event parking will be located at:
- Awards to the first three male & female finishers (based on gun time)
- Awards to the top three runners in each category (based on chip time)
- Check the Door Prize tent to see if you’ve won one of many exciting prizes!
Additional parking options may become available closer to the event. Please check back for updated information.
- Procter & Gamble: 11510-11590 Reed Hartman Highway, Cincinnati, OH 45241. Only the main gates to P&G will be open, so everyone must enter from Reed Hartman. FREE shuttles will run from the P&G lots on both the east and west sides of Reed Hartman. Please arrive early to allow for shuttle times and crowds.
- Ethicon Endo-Surgery: 4545 Creek Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242. FREE shuttles will run from this location.
- CMC Properties: 10925 Reed Hartman Highway, Cincinnati, OH 45242. No shuttles will run from this location.
SHUTTLES: Free shuttle service will be available from the P&G parking lots and Ethicon parking lots. No shuttles will run from the CMC Properties parking lot. Please arrive early to allow for shuttle times and crowds. Shuttles will run from 6:30 AM - 8:00 AM and then resume when Reed Hartman Hwy. reopens at approximately 9:30 AM. Shuttles will then continue to run until 11:15 AM. The drop off location on Osborne Boulevard will require some additional walking to Matthew 25: Ministries.
TRAINING: Need a little help preparing for the Fighting Hunger 5K? Check out the No Boundaries Training Program presented by New Balance and Fleet Feet Sports, the Official Training Partner of the Fighting Hunger 5K. No Boundaries is designed for folks who are currently inactive, who are new to running/walking or who are working to get back into running/walking condition. Please visit this link for more details.
- Directions to Matthew 25: Ministries - Please visit our directions page.
- Directions to event parking at Procter & Gamble - Take I-275 to exit 47 for Reed Hartman Highway. Turn south onto Reed Hartman Hwy. Continue for approximately 0.7 miles. Turn either left or right onto P&G’s campus (at stop light) and follow signs toward parking lots.
- Directions to event parking at Ethicon Endo-Surgery - Take I-275 to exit 47 for Reed Hartman Highway. Head south onto Reed Hartman Hwy. Continue for approximately 2 miles. Turn right onto Creek Rd. Turn left onto McKinley Rd. Entrance to Ethicon Endo-Surgery will be on the left.
- Directions to event parking at CMC Properties: - Take I-275 to exit 47 for Reed Hartman Highway. Head south onto Reed Hartman Hwy. Continue for approximately 1.6 miles. CMC Proprties offices and parking lots are on the right hand side. No shuttles will run from this location. It is approximately a 0.3 mile walk to Matthew 25: Ministries from this parking lot.
- Bring a canned good to support Matthew 25: Ministries’ Fighting Hunger Food Drive.
- View the 2013 Fighting Hunger 5K Premier Sponsor.
- View our 2013 Sponsors.
- For the safety of all participants, please do not bring non-essential sporting equipment such as frisbees, beach balls, footballs or other similar items onto the course.
- Due to liability insurance restrictions, pets are not permitted on the course.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2013 FIGHTING HUNGER 5K SPONSORS!
QUESTIONS: For race specific questions, including race course, please contact Kelly Weissmann at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513)347-3255. For questions regarding fundraising, online registration, volunteering and teams and sponsorships, please contact Matthew 25: Ministries at email@example.com or (513)793-6256.